Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Motivational Monday: Display Your Shoes

I am not a fan of shoe boxes. Why you might ask....well thank you for asking. They take up a lot of space in a closet and you don't know what is in them!

I recently worked with a client who had a great shoe collection that were stored in every nook and cranny of her walk in closet, in boxes on top of boxes. So when she went to take out a pair of shoes, she would have to rearrange the boxes, wasting time. This particular client has great shoes, so I asked her what she thought of displaying them out in the open for her to enjoy and for her to have easy access to. She loved the idea and you can see in the picture above, what a beautiful display it became. She purchased a sheer curtain to help keep the dust off of the shoes, but sheer enough so that she can still see the shoes.

She couldn't display all of them, so the ones that are not on display we left in the boxes but took pictures of the shoes to tape to the box so she knows what is in each of the boxes.

What we also found interesting is that shoe boxes take up a lot of room. We were surprised how much more room she actually had in her closet once the boxes were taken out of the closet.

Best of all remember my tip about shoe racks?

To Simplified Joyful Living,

MS. Simplicity

5 comments:

Liz Jenkins said...

I love the visual of the shoes - and I think people are more inclined to keep them neat if they look so pretty. I have all of my shoes on shelves as well - boxes are just too clunky. Nice job!

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment Liz! Best of all my client is so happy.

simply seleta said...

This is a great tip for me to learn! I always thought shoe boxes helped preserve the shoes, but you're so right: they take up space and waist too much time entering the boxes.

Melissa said...

Thanks for the comment Seleta!

jackiepaulson said...

I love this idea. In expensive to do also.

Pin it