Thursday, November 11, 2010

44 Days Until Christmas.....Or How to Keep Your Sanity

Oftentimes, by the week before Christmas, many of us feel more like Scrooge and less like someone full of holiday cheer. It doesn’t need to be like that! By simplifying a number of things on the holiday “to do” list, you can keep the holiday spirit and free yourself from the stress that the holidays can bring about. Start now by implementing some of the simple strategies below, and frayed holiday nerves will be a thing of the past. With mindfulness and a little planning ahead, you can make this holiday season more about friends and family and less about stress and trying to impress.


For the next 10 days, I will give you a tip to help you stay just a little more sane during this crazy time. My goal is for when Christmas comes around, you (and I) will be able to enjoy the holidays and make memories instead of blood, sweat and tears. I am going to follow my own advice and do this as well!





44 Days before Christmas: Start gathering addresses of friends, family, co-workers – anyone you intend to send a holiday card to – and enter the info into your address book or database. When it comes time to mail off your cards, you won’t spend time rushing around trying to track down Aunt Meredith’s new address.

I am a user of Blackberry and Outlook, so this should be easy for me. I have been collecting and updating people’s addresses on my Blackberry all year long, so I need to sync my Blackberry and my computer to update Outlook.

The reason that this step is important is that you need to know how many people to order holiday cards for. You wont know that number unless you have every address updated. This step will help you save money and frustration as you will not print unnecessary cards.

Do you love extra credit? How about printing off those mailing labels at the same time that you do your update?

To Simplified, Joyful Living,

MS. Simplicity

No comments:

Pin it