Monday, December 20, 2010

5 Days Until Christmas......Last Minute Gifts for Kids to Give


This all started because my 15 year old son was lamenting that he was going to be given gifts by some girls at his school. He wanted to give them something in return but he didn't have any disposable income.....and I didn't want to spend a lot of my money either. What I did have were some canning jars left over from my "wanting" to can last summer (which in my mind was a great idea). Next up was something to fill in the jars....a stop at my local discount warehouse candy isle solved that.....gourmet jelly beans. So top it off with some lovely wrapping paper and we had 8 gifts done in minutes. What made it even better was my 17 year old son was lamenting that he had a gift exchange in his orchestra class......out came the jars, jelly beans and gift wrap!


I normally wouldn't give in to the guilt of get a gift, give a gift.....but he really wanted to give these girls something. So I think we came up with a perfect solution without having to go into debt. Plus I had the added bonus of he put some energy into making them.



To Joyful, Simplified Living,
MS. Simplicity

This was an idea that I saw at this great blog called the Reluctant Entertainer, she is a genius and I think that you should follow her blog!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Those jars are really cute! Where did you find them at! They would be perfect for Mothers Day/Father's Day gifts too! Thanks for sharing!

Melissa said...

I think I got them in Target this summer. I liked the squat size and thought they would look cute with my home made jelly that I didn't make this year.....at least the jars are now used and I don't need to feel so guilty!

Pin it